Sunday, March 30, 2014

Another short update for Elder Dallen Stark...

It’s crazy that it has already almost been two months. It really doesn’t feel like it has been that long. Transfers are on Wednesday so it’s almost been one whole transfer. I loved those pictures [of Brenden's birthday]. Brenden looks great. He’ll fit right in over in the UK. He’s 16 now. That’s weird. By the time I get back he will be bigger than me and I don’t know what to think about that.

This week was kind of a weird week. We had zone meeting on Wednesday and stake conference on Saturday and Sunday so it wasn’t the normal schedule. But we still go a lot done. We were going to have a baptism next Saturday but something came up so we are pushing it back to the 5th of April. That is the biggest news I have. We’re getting a new sister missionary in the branch this transfer so it will be interesting to see who comes in and what they are like...

I don’t really have any great news. But if anything happens I will let you know. Oh yeah, I need a scan of my social security card ASAP. I need it so we can volunteer at this nursing home here. They need to do a background check and all that stuff. So if I could get that that would be great.

If you ever have questions let me know and I will answer them the best I can. I love all of you and miss you.

Love,
            Elder Dallen Stark

AND TO KAYLEN:

Tennessee is great. The people are for the most part very nice. Even though most of them aren’t willing to listen to us they aren’t mean about it. The weather is even weirder than Utah. One day it is 70 degrees and sunny the next day it is 30 degrees and sleeting. But I think that it is finally gonna start creeping into spring and staying there. It’s been it the 50-60s for the past few days. Today is a bit cold but it is sunny. We don’t have any new solid investigators, still Anthony, Peter, and Ron. We have had some nice potentials but nothing has really worked out. We’re still trying though. This week was kind of a weird week. We had zone meeting on Wednesday and stake conference on Saturday and Sunday so it wasn’t the normal schedule. But we still go a lot done. Anthony was going to be baptized next Saturday but something came up so we are pushing it back to the 5th of April. That is the biggest news I have. We’re getting a new sister missionary in the branch this transfer so it will be interesting to see who comes in and what they are like... Other than that there isn’t much to tell. I will think about sending that shirt. But as I have thought about it I really like them. So maybe I’ll just keep them. I don’t know you’ll find out I guess.

To make it fun, we came across this picture of Dallen with Grandma Stark at the Salt Lake temple. It's a good one!
Dallen and Grandma Stark!


No comments:

Post a Comment